Kidney stone is a medical condition in which non-dissolving hard stone shapes are formed in the kidney. Harmful kidney stones extracted from food are uncomfortable and painful. Fortunately, Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) surgery's scientific progress has resulted in the creation of a novel treatment for kidney stones. For patients with large or difficult kidney stones, this minimally invasive procedure has completely changed the way kidney stones are removed.
In this blog by Delhi Urology Hospital, Dr. Niren Rao will address all insightful aspects of this surgery, including Kidney Stone Surgery Cost in Delhi.
What is PCNL Surgery ?
PCNL surgery is a minimally invasive procedure used to remove kidney stones that are too large or challenging to be treated through other methods such as lithotripsy or ureteroscopy. The procedure involves making a small incision in the patient's back, through which a thin tube is inserted into the kidney. Guided by imaging technology, the surgeon locates and removes the stones using specialized instruments. PCNL surgery is typically performed under general anesthesia and requires a short hospital stay for monitoring and recovery.
Benefits of PCNL Surgery
For patients with complicated kidney stone issues, PCNL surgery has many benefits, some of them are given below:-
- It makes it possible to remove bigger stones that cannot be broken down by other minimally invasive techniques.
- Patients who have PCNL surgery experience long-term relief from kidney stone problems thanks to the procedure's high success rate.
- Compared to traditional open surgery, the minimally invasive aspect of the operation lowers the risk of complications, minimises scarring, and accelerates recovery.
- Less postoperative discomfort and a quicker return to regular activities for patients are the results of this.
Recovery and Post-operative Care
- Patients are attentively watched for a short time in the hospital after PCNL surgery.
- To treat discomfort and prevent infection, antibiotics and painkillers are given.
- To ensure normal kidney recovery and to let any lingering stone pieces flow through, a temporary drainage tube may be left in place.
Patients are urged to lead a healthy lifestyle, which includes getting enough fluids, eating a balanced meal, and taking their medications as directed. Regarding this, it is essential to schedule regular follow-up appointments with the best urologist to track the healing process and evaluate the procedure's success.
Cost of kidney Stone Surgery in Delhi
In Delhi, there are various types of kidney stone surgery, such as PCNL, mini PCNL, and RIRS. Each kidney stone surgery varies depending on the candidate's overall health, the stone’s size, and the location of the clinic. To learn about the exact cost of a kidney stone surgery, a visit to the concerned Urology Hospital in Delhi is advisable.
One can visit Delhi Urology Hospital for the best and most successful kidney stone surgery treatment in Delhi. They have a track record of successful kidney stone removal surgeries.